Sage released its roadmap for Sage MAS 90 and Sage MAS 200. This comprises of some retirements of their old Sage MAS 90 and MAS 200 versions as well as upcoming releases for version 4.4 of Sage MAS 90 and Sage MAS 200. This adds great value for those who are using Sage software. Enjoy new time-saving features and enhancements especially in the Inventory Management, Purchase Order and Bill of Materials modules.
People often wonder what’s new for Sage MAS 90 and Sage MAS 200. Sage published its roadmap for Sage MAS 90 and Sage MAS 200 which is intended to be viewed by the public. The release of this roadmap outlines Sage’s plans for Sage MAS 90 and Sage MAS 200. Below is the summary for featured key points:
- Product Strategy: Sage intends to provide more “value for maintenance”. This consists of integrating functionality and features from the famous Extended Solutions, product updates with the least disruption. The main point is to release new features and functionality over time with product updates as oppose to wait for a major upgrade.
- Support for Microsoft SQL Server
- New financial reporting alternative: Business Insights Intelligence. FRx will be supported by Microsoft until December 31, 2012 and Sage is targeting Quarter 2, 2010 for this new reporting tool in a familiar Microsoft Excel interface.
See the roadmap for Sage MAS 90 and Sage MAS 200 in the illustration below along with a general timeline:
- Product Updates for Version 4.4 (March, June, September, December 2010 and March 2011)
- Version 4.5 (Quarter 3 of 2011)
- Product Updates for Version 4.5 (September, December 2011 and April 2012)
- Version 4.6 (Quarter 3 of 2012)
Furthermore, Sage has also stated that some of their products will be retired. Please see the time guidelines below:
- Sage MAS 90 and MAS 200 Version 3.71: September 30, 2010
- Sage MAS 200 SQL Edition Version 3.7x: June 1, 2011
- Sage MAS 90 and MAS 200 Versions 4.0, 4.5 and 4.1: September 30, 2011
Upgrading your old Sage MAS 90 and Sage MAS 200 accounting software is the best advice we can give to everyone. This enables you to enjoy ongoing support from Sage plus the security and enhanced functionality incorporated in the upgraded versions.
If you want to know more about Sage MAS 90 and Sage MAS 200, contact Marshall Technology Solutions, Inc., a premier Sage MAS 90 reseller, Sage MAS 90 partner, Sage MAS 200 reseller and Sage MAS 200 partner in the United States with over 19 years of experience. Call us at our toll free number – 866-848-2957.